Sunday, January 6, 2013

Great News, and Great Baptism!

November 17, 2012

WAHOO!!!!!   TRANSFERRED!!!!

Hello Family,

Well, this is the short e-mail to tell you that the transfers came...and I have left the office!!!! WAHOO!!!!  I shall let you know what is going on....

I'm heading out to the campo!!!  I will be going out to Azua, to take over the work of a senior couple.....again...as an "ayudante" 

I will be working with all the missionaries of the south, until the new couple comes, basically doing what I do now, in the south...and I will work full time in my area :) :)

Baptism today- I feel great :)

Love, Elder Reeder


Well family,

The news of today has been really exciting!  I'm extremely grateful for the things that I have learned here in the office, I know that it has helped me to be a better missionary, and more prepared for the rest of my life.  Now, I will head off to the south as an "ayudante".  It is a new position, so we are whitewashed!  We will be in charge of 5 zones, and it is going to be quite an experience!  Now I will get to know the rest of the mission--the campo!  We will come back to the capital every weekend to attend the office meetings, to get the mail for the missionaries out there, and to help the Schmidts with any questions they have.  My new companion will be Elder Chinchilla, (not a joke), who Elder Batista trained.  He is a great missionary, and I'm excited to be able to learn from our new companionship. 

Today the baptism was great.  We had a great turnout, including another investigator, and it was really a special experience.  Everyone was really excited for him, and we could really see that he was ready and excited to take such an important step in his life.  It is going to be hard to leave him, but I know that he will be in good hands with Elder Batista.  My replacement is Elder Bryner, he is from my group, and I'm sure he will learn fast and do a great job.  

Sorry this is quick.  We are really busy getting ready for transfers!  I'm really not sure when my P-Day will be, but it will be Saturday or Monday.  So if I don't write you on Saturday, I'm sorry...

Well family, 

I love you guys!  

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment