Friday, November 16, 2012

Hello, Family!!

November 10, 2012


Well Family,

I know that last week was full of excitement, and I wish I could say the same about this week--but I just can't!  This week was quite unexciting, but that's not always a bad thing either!

This week we had the leadership conferences, which are always a great experience!  This time I had to prepare a message that had to do with the mission objective.  It was a pretty cool experience preparing the message.  While I was preparing, I was using Preach My Gospel to help me, and I found a reference I wanted to look up.  Well, I ended up going to the wrong chapter, and found exactly what I wanted to share.  I decided to base my message on the power that we are able to receive in and through the Atonement.  It is something that I have really been studying lately.  The Atonement isn't just to help us be cleaned of our sins, but also to give us power!!  There are many scriptures that show the power that we can receive through the Atonement...I would tell you them, but that would take away the opportunity to find them yourselves, which is much more fun.  :) 

Well, after the last minute weekend vacation, Manuel is back.  He is doing extremely well, and we are now working for next Saturday.  I have no doubt he is ready.  He had an extremely amazing experience that I will have to tell you about when I call here in a month or so.  It just doesn't do it justice to tell it through e-mail. 

Right now we are working on a giant project.  We have to change the contracts of every one of our 69 houses to a new church contract.  Yeah....it is kind of a big deal.  We are working crazy hard with that, and with a few other projects.  This coming week is the last week of the transfer, so next Saturday I will know if I stay or if I go.  It is amazing how fast time passes.  I entered the office with less than a year, and now I have 17 months.  The time just goes faster and faster.  It is getting scary.

I am grateful that I still have lots of time to serve the Lord.  I know that I owe him more than I will ever be able to repay.  I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary.  It really has changed me in ways I never thought possible.  I know that if I allow Him too, the Lord will keep molding me into the person He wants me to be.  I feel as if I have been going through the refiner's fire, but I know that it truly will be for my benefit. 

The news of Elder Stott was shocking.  I'm extremely proud of him for doing what is right.  I know that he is and was a faithful servant of the Lord.  What his family said is so true--it is time to live the gospel--in its' fullness.  It is crazy to hear that all of those people are home now.  It seems like yesterday I was with them.  I'm sure they were all great missionaries, and I am excited to hear about their welcome homes. 

Well, that's about all folks.  I'll send some pictures to show our activities from today! 

Love ya all,

Elder Reeder 

No comments:

Post a Comment