Sunday, January 6, 2013

Feliz Navidad, y año nuevo!

December 30, 2012

Hello!

Well family, it was great getting to talk to you all last week!  I hope that the rest of your Christmas week was great!!  As for me, it was an interesting week.  I don't remember if I told you in the phone call, in the transfers, they changed us to a different Rama in Azua!  Everything stayed the same, they just sent us to a different branch.  I was disappointed, but I just sang "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord".  So anyway, we got back to Azua, and had to go say goodbye to everyone!  It was crazy to realize how good of friends we had made with lots of people in such little time.  I don't know if I told you guys about the less active member that we were teaching.  If I didn't, I'll give a brief play by play.  One day we were contacting, we weren't having much luck, and honestly we were just kinda walking around looking for some inspiration!  Well, we ended up walking down a street, and ended up walking to a house.  At the house, we were greeted by "Elders!!", so we knew it was a member!  Well, we entered and right away we just got along good!  Well, she came back to church the first week...and we kept having really great lessons with her and her kids, and her parents!  Well, we went to visit her, and at the end we told her, well we are leaving!  At this moment she started crying as she thanked us for finding her, and helping her realize that she needed to get active again!  It was really an amazing experience to be able to see someone who really was waiting for us, and we could be an instrument in the Lords hands to help her come back to church.

Besides that, we started working our new area.  The branch needs lots of help, only about 12 were there when the meetings started today, but I'm sure that if we are obedient and work hard, the Lord will bless us!  We have found a few investigators, and we are faithful that they will continue to progress.

This week I just want to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  This week I have had lots of time to really just study and feast on the Book of Mormon.  I feel the Spirit so strongly as I read and apply the teachings of the ancient prophets! 

As for now,
I love you all! 
Enjoy the new year! 

Elder Reeder


P.S.

Yeah, we just moved into the Brown's house and it is freaking sweet!!  IT'S LOADED!  :)  
We were just working on some stuff here in the office.  We have to go visit a zone that is giving us some problems...so we are planning that!  Guess what...a motorcycle ran into my brand new truck!!! WHAT A PUNK!!  Well I was driving in a roundabout, and I was in the roundabout, and he came flying in and caboom!!  It was quite the experience...I went before a judge!  And the dude had a lawyer and everything, they asked me who my representative was, and I said--Uh, I am!  Well, I won :)  hahahahaha  I was going like 10 kilometers an hour.  (The judge was just to resolve everything...insurance here is not required, but the church has it.)  Nothing happened to anyone, and it just left some rubber on our truck, and we scrubbed it off.  President just said, be careful!  Okay, the loaded apartment doesn't have air conditioning or warm water, nope, none of that....but it has pots and pans...and screens on the window....and all of the lights work!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment