Friday, June 8, 2012

ELECTION DAY!!

May 21, 2012

Hi Family!

I'm sure that you are all worried about me, because it is almost 6 pm and I am just barely writing!!!  Well, don't worry about me, we were just on mission wide lock down!!!  Yesterday was the Presidential Elections here, and sometimes it gets a little bit crazy, so they had us on lock down.  I'm going to be honest, I've never been so bored in my entire life!!!  When you are used to having absolutely no free time, and suddenly you have a lot, you don't know what to do!  But, I did have the great opportunity to really lose myself in the scriptures, and I learned a whole bunch!  So, this week we saw a huge miracle!  I don't know if I told you, but we were working with the wife of a less active member, and she was progressing and was almost ready to get baptized, but then got a job where she had to work Sundays.  Needless to say, we had to drop her.  Well this week, Elder Cabrera and I had the strong impression to visit them.  We almost denied it because they live in the BOONY'S!!!  Well, we went and visited them.  Her job fell through after just one week.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.  I have never been so happy to hear about someone losing their job.  Anyway, she is now progressing again and has a baptismal date for the 2nd of June.  Saturday, we got stuck in a huge rain storm!!  Lucky me, I had my nifty little rubber boots from Mom!  They worked absolutely great!!!  But then it rained so hard the water came up to my knees....then they filled up with water!  Ha ha, but they really are awesome!  Thanks Mom!  Also, Mom, it would be good to have my credit card.  It is the only thing I dare use in the supermarket where I buy stuff.  Sorry, this is so short, but we got let out of the house at 5 pm, and we have to be to work at 6 pm!  I love you all so very much!  

Elder Riley Ted Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment