Friday, June 8, 2012

TRANSFERRED!!!!

Hey Family!

Well, just when I find the most amazing family in the world, it's transfer time!!!  Just to let you know, I'm leaving San Cristobal.  I'll tell you where I'm going.....later!  
 
So last week was another amazing week!  We got Carolina all ready, and we had the baptism!  She asked me to baptize her, so I got the opportunity to do another baptism, which is always a special experience!  We were extremely nervous for her because she doesn't talk very much....but she passed the interview just fine!  Also, we saw a miracle.  I'm not joking when I say that I saw after her confirmation she is now a different person.  She went from being a shy, timid girl, to talking with everyone!  It is just more evidence that indeed the Lord blesses those who follow Him.  
 
The family of gold....is still golden.  They all came to Church again yesterday, and they loved it!  They are totally stoked for their baptism on the 23rd of June, and I'm hoping I will be able to return to see it!  Funny experience with them, yesterday we had a visit with them and Pedro said "Reeder, I have a question for you.  Is the mission thing required?  Because I was thinking, I'm willing to do it, but it would be kind of hard with my wife, because she doesn't work, and the kids are really young!" I about died.  We have visited him for two weeks, and he is just taking everything in.  He really is an amazing man and future Priesthood Holder.  He came to church in a white shirt and tie.....that never happens!!!  Basically, I am just super happy that the Lord allowed us to be able to find a family so prepared.  It just reminds me that indeed the field is white and ready to harvest.
 
So now for the news, and the reason for a short e-mail.  I got called Saturday morning with the following 3 questions:  Do you have a driver's license?  Do you know how to drive stick?  And do you know a lot about computers?  Well, I have been transferred to the Office.  I will now be working as an Office Elder.  I am not going to lie, it is extremely difficult to leave my companion and my area.  At first this area was so hard, but I learned to love it.  Especially Pedro and Josefina!  Ha ha, also Elder Cabrera has been great!  I love him so much and am grateful for what he has taught me!
 
I am 99 percent sure that my P-Day is now Saturday, just an FYI.  Also, Mom, I got the Birthday Package!!!  Thanks so much!!!!  I'm gonna bake that cake!!!  Thanks for the Gift Card Dad...I started drooling.  Well, I have to go pack because they are coming to get me so I can help with transfers tomorrow.  Wish me luck driving in the D.R.!!  I love you all, sorry it was so short!!! 

Elder Riley Ted Reeder  
 
P. S.  
 
Yes, I have a companion, Elder Taveras.  He is Dominican.  We will live in the Office.  Hot water and electricity 24/7, someone to wash my clothes, and a truck!  The truck is to haul missionaries stuff on transfers.  But, I will work my butt off.  I will see the entire mission.  I will visit every house in the mission.  We are in charge of all the houses....all sorts of stuff.  Basically we do whatever President says.  We are with President everyday.  

Elder Cabrera stays in San Cristobal.  Elder Leon is coming.  I don't know anything about him.  I'm hoping that he is good!  Ha ha.  Yeah, I'm more sad about leaving the family.  It is really hard to leave them.  But, I'm off to the office.  A new adventure in the mission!  Love you mom! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment