Friday, June 8, 2012

WAHOO!!

May 28, 2012

Hi Family!

This week was absolutely wonderful!  Let me explain why.....  Reason 1-  We had 5 investigators in Church!  For this area it was an absolute miracle.  These past few weeks I have just been praying and praying to be able to find people who would have the desire to visit the Church, and to partake of the blessings there!  Well, last week we found a family who I think is more prepared than any I have ever seen.  They told us that the day before we came, they were talking about how they really need to find the true church so that they can be closer to God.  Then we came.  They absolutely love everything we teach, and they made the sacrifice to go to Church with their two small children.  When they got there, the ward did their part perfectly!  Everyone was so excited to see a family investigating the church that they were maybe a little over zealous to help them out!  Later, our ward mission leader told us that it was the first complete family that has been to Church in years!  It really was an amazing experience to see the ward so excited, and their desire to help this family!  I know that it wasn't anything that I did as a missionary, but rather the work of the Lord.  I know without a doubt that the Lord has people prepared to accept His Gospel.  We have a lesson with them tomorrow, and we are going to put a baptismal date with them for the middle of June.  
 
Reason 2- We have a baptism this Saturday!  We are going to baptize Carolina this Saturday!  She has finally opened up to us, and she is ready to be baptized!  All along she was ready, but she was so shy that she wouldn't talk to us!  (She is the niece of a member, and lives with her because she has had lots of family problems)  Anyway, because of the problems she had earlier in her life, she was extremely timid, and wouldn't talk to us.  Well, after fasting and prayer, she opened up and talked!  The first time she said the prayer was one of the most amazing moments of my life.  It truly was a humble daughter speaking with her Heavenly Father.  It was an experience I will never forget!  

Needless to say, I am hoping that I get to stay in this area.  After all the trials and everything, I was ready to leave.  Well, now I'm ready to stay!  Ha ha. We will see if the Lord lets me stay here, or if he has other plans for me!  

Anyway, elections were extremely non-eventful.  Nothing crazy happened, it was just a precaution of the mission to leave us in the house.  It sounds like all the eventful things are happening at home!  I couldn't believe the story about the shed.  Dad, I think it is time to take a saw to that shed.  I don't have very nice feelings toward that shed!  Ha ha.  I'm just glad it didn't do too much damage, that could have been a lot worse than it was!  I'm happy that the Raptor is still alive and well, and everything else as well!  Sounds like the usual this year......rain rain rain for memorial day!  Seems like every time we go camping it likes to rain! 

This week I am extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord, and the people here!  I remember the first time that I read the Missionary Handbook of rules, it says that our time to serve the Lord with all of our time and energy is extremely short.  I remember when I had 3 days in the mission, I felt that was the biggest lie I'd ever heard!  Two years is forever!  How would I ever make it for two years?  Well, now I understand that it is true.  It is such a privilege and opportunity to serve the Lord as a missionary.  I am so grateful for the things I have learned, but most importantly for the testimony I now have.  I know without a single doubt in my mind that this is the true Church.  It was restored by a prophet of God, and we have it to bless us!  I know that if we are faithful to the covenants we have made with the Lord, we will be blessed!  The Lord is bound when we do what He says.  I know that is true.  The Lord always tests our faith, and if we remain faithful we will see miracles!  I know that is true!  I love you all so very much!  

Elder Riley Ted Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment