Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 1

Today is Riley's 20th Birthday!!


Hello Family!

Well I'm sure you are wondering why I put the title One Week....well I put that because I feel like I started the mission all over again!  I'm now a greenie again.  Green Green Green.  I know I say this every week, but I learned a ton this week!  I'm now learning how the mission works-and boy is it an experience.  So here is what happened.  Monday, I got to the office at about 10 o'clock at night.  We started working right away, taking phone calls about houses, about problems, about everything!  We finally got to bed around 1 o'clock.  We were then up and at it at 4 o'clock to take a missionary to the airport.  After, we worked with transfers.  Taking people from here to there, buying food for the new missionary orientation, you name it, we did it!  I'm not gonna lie, I was a little overwhelmed.  We worked in that stuff, and in the office the whole day.  We got done at about 12 AM.  Then, it was to the airport again at 4:30!  We took all the missionaries that were finishing to the airport.  Two of my really good friends from the mission were in that group, so it was fun to get to see them off.  Thursday, we had to take a missionary to catch a bus, then to get food for a conference, then take the Zone Leaders home, and then work on Registros Bautismales, and I had to prepare the newsletter for the mission.  Yesterday, we had Zone Meeting, and we had to do car checks, and wash Presidents' cars.  And today, P-DAY!!!  Yes, this week was a little bit overwhelming--but an amazing experience. 

I really am blessed to have the opportunity to work here. I'm learning and doing things that not everyone has the opportunity to do, and I'm grateful for that.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with President Rodriguez, and the Assistants.  I really have to utilize this time and learn all that I can.  So now--what do I do in the office?  My biggest thing I'm in charge of is records.  Baptism records, vehicle records, pretty much all the records (besides the houses, my comp. does that).  I also do the English Study Program for the Latinos, and I will be learning how to do the finances because the Senior Couple who is here right now is going home in August--and they still haven't called a replacement.  The office is a pretty hectic place, but it is fun to be surrounded by such strong missionaries and leaders. 

As for mail, the mail comes right to me--we have to distribute it--so I get it really fast!  I got the package from Grandma Reeder and from Grandma and Grandpa Thomson.  Thank you all very much!  I haven't opened them yet, because well, it isn't my Birthday yet!  I really wish I had more exciting things to tell you, but I really don't.  I would just tell you about the errands that we ran, and things that we did, but that wouldn't be too exciting!  Oops, someone just called and we have to go take a missionary some money!  I will send answers to your questions, and a few more things later (I hope)!

Love you all! 
Thanks for all the Birthday Wishes! 

Elder Riley Ted Reeder




P.S.  Answers to Questions:

Yes, I'm solving computer questions!!!  The Hermana already scheduled me 3 hours to go to her house and do a bunch of stuff. 

The truck rocks!!!!!!

We alternate driving, one day him, one day me.

We cook our own food...but usually there isn't time, so we just eat bread...ha ha.  I ate a frosty the other day.  From Wendy's..... Yeah, that was a big deal.  I'm going to eat Wendy's on my birthday!

We play basketball con President every p-day at his house, and then we eat breakfast with them.  Don't know besides that.

We work with a senor couple, the Fords, in the office.

Yes, we are in charge of mail.

I do not answer the phone of the office, that is Hermana Ford, but we get about 7,000,000,000 phone calls in a day.  My Spanish vocabulary has already like doubled in a week. 

My Best Buy job really did prepare me for this.....it is so similar that it's scary.

I love you so much mom!  Thanks for everything you do, did, and I'm sure always will do for me!!!  I'm so very grateful!  I love you so much!

Riley


No comments:

Post a Comment