Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Dearest Familia!

October 13, 2012


Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry that I haven't written you a letter!  I'm a little bit behind in the world.  This week has been the busiest week of the mission.  I think we totaled out with about 18 hours of sleep from Saturday to Saturday---we are a little tired :(  But anyway, transfers are done...and no one died!  Ha ha ha  So as you can see...I'm still in the office...until at least the end of November.  Obviously, the Lord still has something that He wants me to learn.  This week was so busy....we weren't able to get to our area once...so as far as that goes--this week was a bummer!!!  It is extremely hard for me to have so many investigators who are doing so good...and then for circumstances beyond our control, we aren't able to visit them.  I just have confidence that the Lord continues blessing them, and helping them as long as they are in my thoughts and prayers.  Tomorrow, if everything goes good, we will be in our area for the whole day!  I cant wait!!!

Friday we were able to go to the Temple in the morning.  Absolutely Amazing!!  I needed that, and it was great to feel the peace and comfort of the temple!  I know I've said it before--but I'll say it again.  Go to the temple!!!  Every single week!  Don't let a single week go by without going to the temple.  Test the Lord--see how He blesses you!  See how He pours out His Spirit and His blessings!  I have seen the people here sacrifice everything to attend the temple. It is in our background...please go there!!!

Here is one neat story from this week.  The missionaries who are going home always leave on Wednesday.  Well Tuesday at 10 PM, we received notice that one of the flights wasn't going to work out for a missionary from Chile.  He was only going to get to an airport that was 15 hours away from his house...and then he was stuck.  I was extremely overwhelmed to say the least.  I had to somehow find a way to get him home, and I didn't have a clue what to do.  Well, I knelt down and said a prayer that everything would work out.  After, I just felt calm and confident that everything would work out.  I started investigating the area, looking for the mission that corresponded to this area, to try and see if the Assistants from that mission would be able to pick him up and let him stay with them until we found him flights.  Anyway, it just so happened that the airport happened to be in the mission where Tom Essig's Dad is President!  Coincidence?  I don't think so!  Anyway, with some connections we were able to make adjustments, and we were able to help him get home on time!!  In the end we didn't even end up needing the help from the mission there, but it was comforting to know that option was there!  I don't know if that made any sense, because it was a big story really condensed.  Moral:  It's amazing how the Lord works.  Because the Lord sees past, present, and future, He does everything to bless us in many ways.  Did He call Tom's Dad to be mission President just to help me feel comforted that everything would work?  I don't think so.  But, I do think that He saw that situation, and knew that President Essig would be able to help!  All I know is that it was an answer to my prayer, extremely unexpected, but extremely powerful!

Story for the week :)   This week my interesting experiences include....driving a giant van to the airport....driving the Toyota Hilux Ambulance all around Santo Domingo at 2 o'clock in the morning, making a payment to a dueño in Florida, and learning to forget about myself.  The office has helped me to forget about myself.  Everything we do here is for other people, and it has really helped me to just not worry about myself!  It's amazing how when you are serving someone, your own needs and desires seem to disappear.  I feel like that is something I never fully understood in my life before.  I guess I lived a kind of me me me me life, and it should have been a everybody else kind of life!  I'm grateful that the Lord has given me a weakness, but is helping to make it a strength.

I love the mission.  I love the things that I learn.  I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and His Gospel.  I love the plainness and beauty of His divine plan!  I want you to know that I know this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am proud to bear what to me are the two most important names in the world.  The name of Jesucristo and the name of my father and family.  It is my daily goal to make sure that I live worthy to bear them.  Thanks for everything! 

Love,

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment