Sunday, July 29, 2012

Count Your Many Blessings!

July 22, 2012

Hey Guys,

Well, this weeks letter is going to be a little bit different.  First of all, Ashley, Sven, and Keagan--I can't say it enough how grateful I am that all of you are okay!  The way that I received the news was quite interesting.  It was a normal P-Day, and we were going to go bowling.  Well as we were getting ready to leave, I started feeling extremely weird, and I decided that I didn't want to go.  I ended up staying at the house with Elder Brimley, because I just felt weird.  Well, I then did something even stranger, and I went to check my e-mail at an extremely unusual time.  Well, I logged on just 5 minutes after Dad sent me the message.  As I read the message, I immediately knew why I had lost my desire to go bowling.  As I read the message, the words seemed extremely unreal and shocking, to say the least.  I was beyond relieved when I saw that everyone was okay.  I immediately got in touch with President who approved my using E-Mail to communicate with you guys.  When I explained the situation he said, "the Lord protects the families of His missionaries."

I am extremely grateful that in such a serious accident, everyone left fine!  It left me thinking about what really matters in life.  In one second I went from thinking everything was fine at home....to knowing about a serious accident.  What I'm trying to say is--we never know what is going to happen.  In this moment no one was thinking about the Honda Element with the cholo wheels.  (Sorry Ash, I couldn't help but notice those wheels!) :) :).  What mattered was the safety of my and our family.

Today in church in Elders Quorum, our teacher shared a story from last conference.  I think in English it's called Life in the Fast Lane (by President Monson).  In this talk, he talks about the woman who never let people visit her house because she was scared it would get dirty.  She lived continually like this until the day she found out she was deathly ill.  She then, suddenly, didn't care about the cleanliness of her house, she cared about her family.

I just want you to know how grateful I am to have a family that has always cared more about each other...than objects.  I know that the Lord truly did protect Ashley, Sven, and Keagan, and I am extremely grateful that everything is okay.  Cars can be replaced.  Sven--do not take blame in any way.  It was an accident because of weather conditions and something you didn't have control over.  Everyone is fine--don't beat yourself up over it.  Move on, and be grateful that the Lord protected you and your family.  I want you to know how much I love you all!

Nothing is-and never will be-more important than my family!  I continually pray for your safety, health, and well being.  I hope that we always remember to do our part, as the Lord continues to do His.  The simple 3 things:  Church.  Scriptures.  Prayer.  Please don't forget the importance of these things.  I don't really know what to say, other than I'm so happy you are all okay!!

I love you so much!!

Elder Reeder 

No comments:

Post a Comment