Monday, January 30, 2012

Transfers......and I'm Going................Nowhere!

Hello Family!  

Well, we got called last night to get told where I'm going and what I'm doing.....and the news is...........Nowhere!  I'm staying in my same area, with Elder Hall again!  Yeah, weird I know.  Unexpected, shocking, and I still don't know how I feel about it.  

So we will start out with the story.  Yesterday I spent all day visiting my old investigators, telling them goodbye, giving them a last minute message, taking pictures, all that good stuff.  It was in all honesty a really hard day.  It was so hard to say goodbye to the people that I love so very much, and now I know that I didn't even have to say goodbye!  Ha ha!  The worst was with Seba and Felix.  We went to their house very last, and it was by far the hardest.  I just begged them to go on missions, to stay active, and most of all I just bore my testimony of the gospel.  During all of this I was a little emotional, okay quite a bit emotional, you know me.  Come to find out I'm not going anywhere!  That's going to be awkward going back....uh just kidding, I'll be here until March!  

In all honesty, I don't really know how I feel.  At first I was so shocked I didn't even believe it.  Once again I thought that Morgan was just messing with me, but it turned out to be the truth.  Last night I was happy that I didn't have to leave all my friends and investigators, but then when I realized I was staying, I began to struggle with that idea also.  I will last 1/3 of my time in the actual mission field in my first area, and now 3 transfers with my companion.  Its just an extremely strange idea.  I'm now the last remaining member of the ¨original¨ San Cristobal zone (the zone from when I got here).  Its just an all around weird situation.  But, I know it is for a reason.  

Last night I spend a lot of time thinking, pondering, and questioning the situation.  While I was thinking, and pondering, the words came to my head, ¨the Lords ways aren't our ways¨.  I had been thinking so much about what usually happens in transfers, that I wasn't thinking about the fact that the Lord has a different plan for me and my companion.  I don't know what that plan is, but I know that I am here for a reason.  Also, I know that this transfer may be a challenge for me, but with a good attitude, and with the help of the Lord, I can do anything!  

This has made me think a lot about life in general.  Lots of times, the Lord's ways just aren't the same as ours!  As much as we think we know what is going to happen--we don't.  But I know with all my heart, that the Lord's ways are the very best possible way for us.  That doesn't mean it is the easiest, just the best for us.  We learn the most when we are pushed the most. 

Anyway, I'm extremely happy that I get to stay in Madre Vieja Norte for another transfer!  I am so happy that hopefully I will get to see a few more of our investigators enter the waters of baptism.  Anyway, I don't have a whole lot more to say this week.  I'm staying here in the same place, with the same comp!  It will be an adventure, but I know its all part of the Lord's plan for me. 

I love you all so very much!  I pray for you each and every day!  

Love, 

Elder Riley Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment