Monday, March 12, 2012

Transfers!!!! And the news is.......

Hello Family!

Well, we got transfer calls last night!!!  And guess what, I' m leaving!!!  But hold on, don't get too excited, I got transferred to a different area in the same San Cristobal Zone.  I am now in an area that I could walk to from mine.  My new companion's name is Elder Barahona, and he is what they call a dead missionary--which means he doesn't want to leave to work!  Needless to say,  I'm a little disappointed.  I am running on faith that the Lord indeed has a plan for me!  I know that every area, every companion, every thing is part of a larger plan that the Lord has for me and for His work.  I don't know what it is right now, but I know there is a reason, now I just have to put my confidence in the Lord and go to work.  But hey, my Spanish is going to improve a lot!
 
I have always told Elder Hall that it is my desire to be great friends with every single one of my companions, and to do everything possible to enjoy every minute of the mission!  I think the Lord is testing me to see if I can do it!  I know that this will be a challenge, but I will be able to do it with the help of the Lord.  Anyway, it is extremely likely that I will complete 1 year in the mission and will only have served in one Zone.  I'm gonna know San Cristobal like the back of my hand!
 
Other news, Elder Hall is staying here with Elder Karouth, who goes home in June.  Everyone says he is a great missionary, so I'm really excited that Elder Hall will have the opportunity to learn from an experienced missionary.
 
I ended up having the opportunity to give a talk on Sunday in church, and I chose to speak on Charity. I am now realizing that preparing that talk was more for me than for anyone else!  The Lord sure works in mysterious ways, but it is great to know that He always will do what is best for us!  Best doesn't always equal easy.  To see the best view, you have to hike the tallest mountain, and even though I might be hitting the steep switchbacks right now, I have faith that when I get to the top--it is gonna be amazing!  

My last week in Madre Vieja has been great!  I really am so grateful for the great members, friends, investigators, and people that are here.  They really have influenced my life so much, and I'm grateful for the large amount of time that I got to spend with them.

I don't really have anything amazing to tell you about this week!  Just know that I am still here, alive and kicking!  I am so grateful for every opportunity I have in the mission, to serve, to teach, and to learn.  I know that this letter might sound a little bit negative, but I promise that I'm fine!  I am 100% confident I can make the best of this situation, and hopefully I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands to complete His work, whatever it may be!
 
I want you all to know how much I love you, I'm so very grateful for your letters, your prayers, and your support!  I really feel the support from you, and I am so grateful for each and everyone of you!  

Love, 
 
Elder Riley Ted Reeder  

No comments:

Post a Comment