Monday, March 5, 2012

I Just Saw Our High Priest Group Leader in a Mango Tree Hacking at Branches with a Machete. WELCOME TO THE D. R.

Hello Family!

Well this week has been another great one here in the Dominican Republic!  Mom, it was interesting you reminded me that one year ago, I was receiving my call....weird, huh?  The MTC now seems like a billion years away, and finally I kinda feel like I'm not a greenie anymore.  The mission is my life.  I get up, I study, I preach the Gospel, it's just what I do.  I feel like every day goes by faster than the last.  It's been such an amazing experience, and I know that I have many more learning experiences to go.  

Dad, I'm glad you like those pants.  Trust me, I understand how it is.  They are just so much nicer!  I'll make sure and have a few more made for you.  That made me a little trunky that you started up my motorcycle.  I miss the sound of a real motorcycle, and not a little 125 two-stroke.  I talk about stuff like that, and my comp just looks at me like I'm a nut.  One time, I saw a Raptor--with street tires.  I probably was drooling a little bit.  Mom, it sounds like the activity that you guys did was an absolutely amazing experience.  Thanks for the updates on the world, ha ha.  Mom, what you said about Taylor made me laugh.  She is such a sweet girl.  Tell her I'm just fine.  I even sent Beth a message congratulating her last week, and I honestly meant it.  I'm really just fine.  If I've learned anything from the mission, I've learned that our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us.  Mom, I can't believe you have a smart phone!  Your gonna know more about technology than I will when I get back!  One thing I have heard from members down here, is that Mitt Romney is doing way good.  Is that the truth?  I just don't know what I can believe, ha ha. 

Anyway, this week was a fun week!  Because I have basically my whole life in this area, I decided I wanted to get out and explore it a little bit.  So, we went walking--and then we walked a little further--and then a little further.  Then we ended up in this absolutely gorgeous place!  It's this little, tiny town that is kinda nestled up in the mountains, and it is beautiful!  (Pictures to come.)  It was about an hour's walk out there, and once again, the people had never talked with missionaries.  It was a really fun experience!  The people were super nice, and they didn't know who we were, so they couldn't even yell mean things at us!  (Ha ha.  They just thought that we were from the C.I.A.)  But anyway, we worked out there, met some really nice people, but no one was really interested in an hour walk to church at 9:00 in the morning.  This just made me realize how much missionary work there really is to do in the world.  

We are still working with Agapito and Mami but it's proving to be quite difficult.  I'm really hoping that they can pull through this problem.  I really don't have very much to say about this week, I'm sorry to disappoint.  I just want you guys to know that I have a testimony of this Gospel.  It really is the "Pearl of Great Price" in our life.  We have the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We are blessed by His Holy Priesthood in our lives.  We are blessed to have the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  We are blessed to have an Eternal Family.  I am so happy to know without a doubt in my  mind that we will live together forever as a family as long as we keep our covenants.  I love and pray for you all every day!  Next week, I should be packing to go to a new area!  I'm super excited!  I hope you all have a great week. 

Love, 

Elder Riley Ted Reeder

p.s.  picture fail.....sorry that computers here just stink.  Pictures will have to wait!  
        Sorry, Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment