Thursday, March 22, 2012

San Cristobal ¨B¨

Hello Family!

Sorry about the e-mail last week. When I logged on today, it said something funny about how it failed to sent to some people. I don't know, but sorry! Hopefully this week things will run a little smoother!

I would be lying if I said this week has been easy, but I'm still here--alive and kicking! I'll start off by explaining a little bit about my area. I am serving in the Pueblo B part of San Cristobal, which means that we share a ward with the Zone Leaders. This area is quite similar to Madre Vieja, and I'm starting to like it! The ward is awesome. There are a lot more Priesthood holders here, so that is always nice. The Bishop is a really young RM, but he seems to be great. The Stake President also lives in our area, and he works in Madre Vieja Norte, so it was fun to see someone that I know. A major plus of this area is the house! We have a sweet house! There is always water. I about freaked out when I found out there is water 24/7. The electricity still isn't the greatest, but it gets the job done!

This letter is going to be quite scattered, because I really just have a bunch of random thoughts flying around my head. First of all, I got to talk to Elder Gatherum! I was walking around my new area, when I received a phone call from Elder Day. I was stoked to talk to Day, and then he was like "Hey, there's a kid here named Mitch Gatherum. Do you know him?" I got to talk to Mitch for a second, so that was sweet to talk to someone I know! He is in Elder Day's zone, so he is starting out the mission with a great Zone Leader. I don't know who his dad is, but I hope he is great! Hopefully, I will get transferred into his zone sometime, or maybe if I'm really lucky, we will get to be companions someday!

Other random news from this week. We were visiting the Stake President, and his wife was talking about a book that tells the history of the Church in the D.R., and it has a bunch of old missionaries in it, and cool stories and stuff. I asked if I could see it because I know someone that served here hace mucho. She went and grabbed it, and I started searching, and BOOM! I found a picture of Paul Marshall as a missionary! I about died! It was pretty funny. Anyway, I don't know if Paul knows about this book, but I got all the information from it so you could tell him how to buy one if he wants one. It's really cool. It also tells the story of one of my favorite members in Madre Vieja, so I was wondering if you guys could do some looking into getting one! (Sorry Mom, it's all written in Spanish, but I thought Dad would like to read it, and I would like to read it when I get back!) It's called Testigos de La Mano del Señor en La Republica Dominicana. The ISBN is 978-0-9821491-6-4, or it said you can go to drldshistory.info, or e-mail klmcenterville@yahoo.com.

Anyway, now about my week! Well, it has been interesting! I got here to the house, started doing some investigating in the Area Book to see what we had to work with. Nothing. There has been "dead" missionaries in this area for a long time, and it has kinda taken a hit from that, but we are gonna work on that! My comp. really is a good guy. He is from Honduras, and he is 24 years old. He has about 14 months in the mission, and about 26 months in the Church. I am amazed that people with such little time in the Church are so willing to serve the Lord. He is definitely a little different than my other companions, but it's always a learning experience! I'm practicing the Christ-like attribute of patience for this week. Maybe for about 6 more weeks!

I am now District Leader of a different district, so that's always fun to get to do intercambios with other missionaries and get to see new areas!

Sorry that this e-mail is so scattered. I'm really hoping that next week I will be able to crank out a good e-mail like the good ole' days! Like always, I just want you to know that I'm here, happy, and alive! I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to work with Elder Barahona, and for the different experiences that I will have during this transfer! I just want you to know how grateful I am for each and everyone of you! I really do have the greatest family in the world. I know without a doubt, they send us on missions to change us from ungrateful children who just want to be with their friends, into family guys. Boy, am I a family guy! Ha ha. I just want you to know how much I love you guys.

I also want you to know, that I know, without the slightest doubt in my mind or in my heart, that our Savior lives. He loves us with a perfect love. A love that I can feel when I feel frustrated, discouraged, or maybe a little trunky. He will never, ever leave our side. He always wants what is best. I love what President Monson said in the Conference pasado, I can't remember exactly how he said it, but he talked about how close to us Christ is willing to come, how far He is willing to go to help us, and how much He loves us. I know that is true. We just have to ask! There is absolutely nothing that the Lord can't help us with. He endured excruciating pain to be able to help us. I am eternally indebted to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope that everyday we work to strengthen our relationship with Him. It is so special and powerful. I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for your prayers and letters! They mean so much!

Elder Riley Ted Reeder

P.S. Hopefully they get the Internet hooked back up. :)



Mom! To answer your questions--

Yes, somehow I got all my stuff in my suitcases! It wasn't easy.....not gonna lie. Saying goodbye was not quite too bad, because I can go back and visit on P-Days, if I can get my comp. to go with me! The kid that I was with in the picture that I sent last week, told us that he wasn't gonna get baptized if I wasn't there to do it. I got a good chuckle out of that, but finally convinced him that Elder Hall could do it just fine. ha ha. Tell Jordan Hill congrats! That will be a sweet mission! You really didn't need to send another package, but thank you very much! I hope you sent the leather honey....my shoes are starting to take a beating! They have more miles than your car I think! Ha ha. Anyway, I love you Mom!!!

Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment