Sunday, June 9, 2013

Well, it is almost that time of the year.......


June 9, 2013


Dearest Family, 

I know its a little early for me to be writting you a letter, but I'm here in the office a little early (to welcome the new couple), and I have a little bit of spare time so I decided to write you a little somethin somethin.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind.  So much to do--so little time to do it.  Everyday feels like I wake up..and boom its time to go to bed again!  I've been pondering a lot recently about all of this....the mission, life, all that good stuff, and its left me to realize a lot of things.  #1- Serving a mission has been the best decision I have taken up to this point in my life.  In no other place could I have learned the many lessons that I have learned here.  I would never trade my experience here in the mission for anything.  I'm extremely glad that when it came time to serve a mission- it wasnt a question.  I dont know when I oficially decided to go on a mission, because I dont think there was a specific moment- it was always part of the plan.  I owe a lot of that desire to Dad- the best example that there is.  I hope that someday I can be that example to my children. #2-  "it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things."  What?!  Why?!  That stinks!  I dont want opposition! - my attitude before the mission.  Now I know that opposition will make me stronger- and is an important part of Gods plan.  "we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all thing whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them."  #3  Living without a family for two years makes you realize that  you have to do everything possible to make sure your family will be eternal. Two years is hard- imagine an eternity.  The only place the family can be eternal is in the highest degree of the celestial kingdom- we better make sure we are all gettin there!  #4-  Going home is just as hard as leaving home- because I really will be leaving a home here in the D.R.  

Anyway, this week I'm just going to live up every moment!  I am so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to participate in his grand work.  I know that I will never be able to repay him for what he has done for me- and I am more thankful each and every day for his sacrifice.  I love him, I love my family, and I am grateful for the restored gospel in my life.  I testify of its truthfullness with all of my heart.  I love you all!

Elder Reeder
-- 
Elder Riley Ted Reeder
La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Últimos Días
La Misión Santo Domingo Oeste, República Dominicana 

 


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment