Thursday, November 3, 2011

HALLOWEEN !?!

Well today is Halloween!  Halloween is not a holiday in the Dominican Republic, so they skip straight to Christmas.  There is already Christmas lights, trees, pretty much the works!  But that's just another story.

Anyway, last week was a lot better than the one before.   First of all, we got permission from the First Presidency to baptize Agapito!!!  We got the call Thursday while we were at Abuelas, and Elder Day and I were ecstatic to say the least.  It has been a challenge with him, but it definitely was all worth it when we received that call!  He and Sebastian will both be baptized this Saturday, the 5th.  This is awesome because more than likely, this will be the last week that Elder Day will be in this area, so he is excited to see the baptism.  We will get Transfer calls this Sunday, so we will have to see if I stay, or if Elder Day stays.  I hope that I do, we have some awesome investigators right now, and I really want to see them progress to baptism.  It's crazy that in a week I will be with a new companion--maybe one that doesn't speak English, but I know that would be for the better!  

This last week really didn't have anything super exciting like the last few.  Wednesday, Elder Morgan did an intercambio in my area.  It was an awesome experience.  I was kind of in charge.  I had to get us to the houses, I had to start the lessons, and I had to communicate with the members, things like that.  I learned a whole ton because I didn't have my ¨crutch¨ (aka Elder Day).  It was an awesome experience for me.  I realized that I really do know a lot more Spanish than I thought and that I kinda have the hang of things about now!  We also had the most successful day of my mission.  We found 7 new investigators that, as of now, are still progressing.  It was a lot of fun.  On Friday, we were able to go over and spend some time with Elder Urry, our zone leader, who is going home this next Sunday.  He is an amazing Elder.  He has worked hard til the bitter end, and he really has a true love for the people.  He is the kind of missionary that I want to be.

I really can't think of anything exciting to share this week.  It was a really normal week--that or I´m just too tired to remember the exciting things--I cant decide which.  I really am blank right now.  I would send you some pictures of this week, but we are at the internet center that gives our cards viruses, so I can't.      

Basically, the only things I know how to talk about nowadays is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  And what a blessing that is.  I have never experienced such joy in my life as when I share the Gospel.  It really is an amazing blessing in our lives.  I love the Book of Mormon.  It really is a missionaries best tool.  Whenever people want to ¨bible bash¨ and things like that, we can just turn to the Book of Mormon.  We don't have to convince the people that the message is true.  They have to be willing to read, pray, and listen for an answer, and the Holy Ghost will testify of the truthfulness.  And if they know the Book of Mormon is true, they know that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet.  If they know this, they know that every teaching of the Church is also true.  
One thing that I have realized, is that we can't rely on a testimony of the past.  I challenge you all to read the Book of Mormon every day.  Put Moroni´s promise to the test.  I know that you will receive an answer.  We need to constantly be strengthening our testimonies.  If we do this, we will never falter, and we will be blessed.  Anyway, I am good.  I love the mission.  I love the work.  I love the people.  And, I love you all so much!  Thanks for everything!  

Elder Riley Reeder

P.S.  Enjoy a nice chilly fall day for me!!!
 
P.S.  Family:  I would like to see some pictures of the good ole Cache Valley!  Of my puppies, of you guys, of the cousins, of the snow!
Thanks!  Love you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment