Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hello!

March 24, 2013

Dearest Family! 

How are you all?  I hope that everything is going good!  From the updates, it sounds like everyone is staying busy, some sheet rocking, some chasing dogs, some coaching soccer, some watching babies.   I'm glad to hear that you are all doing good! 

Well this week was transfers......so that means we have been from here to there to farther there, and then back to here!  We went up about 20 missionaries this transfer, so we have been taking things from the capital to all parts getting ready for the increase!  Now there are 10 hermanas in the south. We went up from 4 to 10, so that 250% increase in sisters means a 1,000,000,000% increase in phone calls!!  Haha.

Anyway, this week was quite strange, we didn't really have much time to work in our area, but the little time that we did have was great!  We are working with our awesome less-active family, and they are doing great!  I even baked a cake for Hna. Aurelina's birthday!  Yeah, I baked a cake--it's not as amazing as that apple pie picture that dad just sent me, but it was pretty dang good! 

I was able to do an intercambio with the missionaries working in the area of Azua where I was with Elder Chinchilla, and remember the less-active member I told you about, I got to visit her again!  And her son is now getting baptized!  It is really fun to see the blessings that come.  Even though it is not "my" baptism, I'm grateful that I could have a part in it! 

My Christmas package was great!  Thanks for sending that!  It was really weird, it wasn't opened at all, and all of the chocolate and everything wasn't even melting!  I think it just came on the Pony/Dolphin Express to get here, but it came in good hands! 

Well, the transfers came, and it was the truth that I stayed here as Ayudante.  I'm disappointed, but after this much time it has become my life.  I can honestly say that I trust that everything happens for a reason, and that for some reason or another I need to be here.  I hope that I can take advantage of every moment and learn everything that I need to learn. 

It is pretty crazy that Spencer comes home this week.  Give him a hug for me.  I've always looked up to him, and not just because he's huge, but he's always just been an amazing example for me.  I owe a lot to the great friends that helped me stay on track to be able to serve a mission.

So, Friday we came in early because President invited us to do a P-Day with him on Saturday and go to the East Mission to visit the Colonial Zone.  It was really fun!  My first P-Day in 4 months was worth the wait!  It was pretty fun to see so much history, and I learned some good places to go visit when we come back (hint hint hint--that has been one blessing, I sure do know this country!)      
Also, there is a friend that I have from Bella Vista--Hno.Van Troi--who is pretty much the coolest guy I know!  He is an ambassador in Spain, and his company is the importer for all Motorola products in the Dominican Republic.  Basically, he is a well-off man, and he is heading to Utah on April 4th until April 20th, to go to General Conference and visit Utah.  Well, he would like to meet you guys.  He especially would love to go to Cabelas.  He wants to go hunting, shooting, basically anything that has to do with outdoors.  So, I think dad could probably help him out!  He reminds me of Craig Ludwig...but if you would be willing, that would be great! 

Anyways, I love you all!  I really am grateful for the chance to serve a mission.  As much as I miss you all, I'm loving it here, and want to keep enjoying my time as a full-time servant of the Lord!  I hope that this Easter week you can all ponder on the death and Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and remember that he lives!  I love you all! 
Elder Reeder 
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment