Monday, April 9, 2012

GENERAL CONFERENCE

Hello Family!

Another great week here in the D.R.!  It was especially good because we got to listen to the Prophet!  How lucky are we?  As I prepared for conference I kept thinking about the scripture in D&C where it says, whether by my voice, or the voice of my servants, it is the same. Well, this weekend we got to hear not just from the prophets and apostles, but in reality, directly from the Lord.  And how obvious it was that those talks were inspired.  In my rush to get out of the house, I forgot to bring my notes...so I'm not going to be able to tell you as much as you would like.

I will say that the talk by Jeffrey R. Holland really impacted me.  In his straightforward way he really helped me understand why pride and envy are so harmful.  It sure is hard not to envy sometimes, but why should we?  I have learned to realize that what we have here isn't what matters--it is what we do here that matters.  And if we do what we should, we will have more than we can imagine in the next life!  This week I am going to focus a lot more on what I am doing.

Random thought.  When the choir sang Come Thou Fount, I was blown away. One of the most powerful moments of conference for me!

Another great part about conference.  I got to see all my Madre Vieja friends!  As I walked up to the building Seba came running out and gave me a big hug.  Jeez, I missed that little bugger!  I also saw Abuela, Ramón, Obispo, Monegro, pretty much all of my friends!  They are friends I will never forget.

This week I have had the great opportunity to study in 3rd Nefi!  All I can say is wow. There is some really powerful stuff there.  I am so amazed at the power in the Lord's teachings.   I am so impressed by His example.  He came to the people in the Americas because He loved them so much.   He blessed them, He healed them, He taught them, and He spent time with them.   Have you ever wondered what that would be like?   I sure have.  To be in the presence of our Creator, Master, Example, and Friend.  I really like it in Spanish, ¨Levantaos, y venid a mi!¨  How powerful of an invitation.  Come to me.  That's what He asks!  He always waits with outstretched arms.  All we have to do is humble ourselves and go to Him!

I'm sorry this is extremely short, but time is short today!   I love you all so very much!  I hope you have a great week!

Elder Riley Ted Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment